Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Let's All Go Polar Dipping!

I've often wondered what is so great about jumping into frigid water in the winter. Exhilarating is a word that seems to come up a lot in that context. Somehow I can always think of lots more words that talk me out of doing it. But thanks to Kevin Ebi at KJR-FM 95.7 in Seattle, I think I've found a reasonable answer to why people jump into freezing water. What if your polar dipping experience helped to raise money for a worthy cause? At the link below you can learn how Camp Sunshine is raising money in various parts of the country to help send children with life-threatening diseases (and their families) on a retreat at Camp Sunshine in Maine. Polar Dipping events are held in many places around the country, but these folks always need help because of more children being diagnosed on a regular basis.

Now I'm pretty sure I still don't want to jump into freezing water, but I do see how a person could be motivated to jump for just such a reason. While I'm not interested in taking the plunge myself, I am willing to sponsor one of these brave dippers to help them raise money for these kids and their families. I urge you to visit the link below and find out how you can donate money, become a polar dipper yourself, or sponsor a fund-raiser in your town. Email this article to friends who might be interested. Let's all jump in and help these people make a difference in the lives of these children.

http://www.freezinforareason.com/

Editor of AGNADL

No comments:

Post a Comment