Monday, January 26, 2009

Woman Gives Birth in L.A. to Live Octuplets

There are so many ways to present this news, most of which involve my eyes wide open in surprise with the words, "Oh my gosh!" coming out of my mouth in a little dialog balloon. Let me just get a running start on this one. Bear with me. (Deep breath). Okay, WOW! That's a lot of babies. (Pause for a moment of celebration that all came through the caesarean birth alive and well). Wow, that's a LOT of babies! (Pause for a moment of laughter at the joy of this miracle). Wow, that's STILL a lot of babies. The eight babies were born nine weeks premature and two of them needed help to breathe, but otherwise the hospital reported that they were all lively and kicking. (Pause for a prayer for their continued good health and for the continued sanity of the parents, whoever they are). The name of the mother was not released for reasons of privacy, which I suspect she will not be able to maintain for long. Wow, that's REALLY a lot of babies. I babysat full-time for my three infant nephews nearly three decades ago. There was a set of twins and a brother who was ten months older, so it was not unlike caring for triplets. That was a handful, let me tell you. Wow, that's really a lot of BABIES!

Okay, okay...grand finale... Welcome to the world, little people! I wish you well on your journey. I wish your parents/caretakers/medical staff, etc. much patience and hearts full of compassion for so many needs requiring immediate attention simultaneously. Memorize this mantra, people: "This is a blessing and a miracle." You're gonna need it. (Chuckle knowingly). Wow! Lots and lots of babies there.

Everyone, welcome these little beings into the world with me. I'd love to show you photos of them, but nothing has been released yet. All I can offer are links to the articles posting this most amazing news item. Wow! That's a whole lot of babies!

Stop whatever else you're doing right now and say a word of thanks for all these little ones who have opted to enter the world en masse. Since it takes a village to raise a child, I suspect these children will need the entire nation's combined goodwill and help until they join this emerging new world as adults.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7852623.stm


http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/01/27/2475340.htm?section=world

Editor of AGNADL

No comments:

Post a Comment