Sunday, June 7, 2009

More Flowers for Your Weekend Enjoyment

These are the flowers I meant to publish yesterday. They are all from my yard, and there is one that I'm clueless as to its name. I must confess that I am an accidental gardener at best. I inherited these fabulous flower gardens when I moved into this house. The beds were all overgrown, so I weeded them a bit, but not too seriously because I didn't know what all might show up. I'm glad I was conservative until I figured out which were weeds and which were beauties simply awaiting their time of the year to shine.

I was pleasantly surprised the first spring and summer I was here. This second spring has revealed a few more flowers I didn't see last year. I don't weed as much as I could, but it's because I don't want to pull out something beautiful in my ignorance of what it looks like in its dormant stage. I am out there watching what grows into something beautiful and what isn't so beautiful, taking mental notes. I regularly ooh and ah over these gardens I didn't create, but were obviously planted and tended originally by a master gardener. Now I just need to work on getting the roses what they need to get the varmints away from their leaves.


No clue what this called. Feel free to send me a comment or email if you know.


My Calla Lillies took a hit this past winter with the major freezes we had. This year's crop was up and ready to go when we got another big freeze that really got to them. They came up anyway, but there were fewer this year and some didn't look so hot at first.


This beauty was hanging low, so you get a shot of my hand holding it up while I'm taking a photo with the other hand.


This is a miniature yellow rose, which seems determined to survive against all odds out there.


Another rose from the same plant as the colorful one above. Have no clue what kind of rose. Just enjoying their pretty variegated colors.

Editor of AGNADL

No comments:

Post a Comment