Sunday, March 8, 2009

Approaching Spring Gets Winter Hiccups in the Pacific Northwest


"Shivering Crocuses" was taken by Flo Harrah of Canada. This shot was taken last week near Vancouver, B.C., during a brief snow hiccup in the midst of spring trying to replace winter.


"Mixed Mediums" was taken by Beth Mitchum of USA. This was taken in my yard on Puget Sound this morning. Last night we were "treated" to a snow/hail storm, which I dubbed "snailing" for lack of a better word. I had never seen this combination of precipitation forms before. It was as though Mother Nature got an artistic streak last night and decided to experiment with mixed mediums.


"Fairy Crossing" was also taken by Beth Mitchum in her yard on Puget Sound. I guess I should post a warning sign now for the fairies to watch their footing on the slick bricks.

Editor of AGNADL

No comments:

Post a Comment