Sunday, March 15, 2009

Semi-Spring Snowfall Surprises Seattle

Okay, so I know spring is officially still a week away, but the snow that is falling down fast and furiously in the Seattle area is so not in the forecast. Lows in the mid to upper thirties, highs in the mid to upper forties. Rain for four days straight. That's what my computer says is what we should expect. Apparently this is the winter to expect the unexpected at least in this neck of the woods. Let me know if you've got other stuff going on in your part of the world.




In the final photo with the purple crocuses, I had to bounce the snow gently from the flowers so you could see what was under all the white. It's no wonder the flowers are all blooming so late and so reluctantly. From now on, I'm tossing out the weather maps and forecasts and, like a good Taoist, I'm just going to pay attention to nature's predictions.

Notes to self:
1. If crocuses are still debating in February about coming out, spring will be late.
2. If daffodils and narcissus are holding themselves close and tight in March, ditto.

Editor of AGNADL

2 comments:

  1. And that...is my fave part of Spring. New life breaks through the cold ground and adds color splashes all over.

    ReplyDelete