Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First Hundred Days for Obama and This Blog

This blog was begun the day President Obama was sworn in (sort of). Still chuckling over the almost inaugural oath, I launched this site with the objective of reporting all good news items. While it was a challenge on a few days to find something good to report, my helpers and I have managed every day to have something funny, interesting, or heartwarming to report. Except one day when I did look for good news in the morning and didn't find anything, but meant to look again later for something and just plain forgot about the second go around. My bad, but it happened only once in 100 days, so that's a pretty good record, I think.

As for the President's first 100 days, I'd say, "Well done, Mr. President!" I know it's not easy being President, but I do feel now that the folks in the White House are at least in touch with reality. That, I think, is a good thing and gives me great hope for the future.

To celebrate this 100th Day Blog (okay, so really just because I wanted to), I took a stroll along the beach right below my house and took a few photos to pass on to you to share the peace of my evening walk down to the Brownsville marina where I get my mail. I even included a shot of the mailboxes. To give you an idea about the size of this little village I reported on in Sunday's blog, the mailboxes in the photo are for every house that is in what is considered Brownsville. Enough said.

I'm still looking for input from people who have good news to report from their community: fundraisers for charities, heartwarming stories, travel photos from trips with interesting anecdotes, photos of spring flowers blooming, etc. Send an email to allgoodnewsalldaylong@gmail.com, and I'll let you know if we can use the link, article, information, photos, etc.


The beach directly below my front yard.


The Brownsville Marina at Sea Level


The Covered Picnic Area


World Famous Brownsville Deli


Brownsville Residents' Mailboxes (and my shadow)

Editor of AGNADL

No comments:

Post a Comment