Friday, April 24, 2009

It's Arbor Day--Go Plant a Tree!

Today is Arbor Day in the United States. The very first Arbor Day was celebrated in 1872 in Nebraska. Since then it has spread to all fifty of the these United States and has become a national holiday. In 1970, President Nixon proclaimed the last Friday in April as our national Arbor Day. Other countries celebrate a version of this day as well. If you don't have time or opportunity to go out and plant a tree this weekend, then I urge you to make a donation to the Arbor Day Foundation. I already have a penchant for planting trees, so I think I'll make a donation and order more trees from the Arbor Day Foundation and get to work. I personally have a thing for Colorado Blue Spruce trees. Don't ask me why. I just think they're beautiful. I've already grown about a dozen to a height big enough to donate them to local parks and friends who wanted them on their property. They were very glad to receive them, and I was delighted to share my trees with them.

http://www.arborday.org/

For more information on the history of Arbor Day, click on the link below.

http://www.arbor-day.net/

Editor of AGNADL

No comments:

Post a Comment