Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring is Better Late than Never

Our daffodils are out in full bloom finally, but they're about two months later than normal. Our tulips are barely budding, but the Tulip Festival in Skagit County, Washington normally happens for the entire month of April. What do they do if the tulips are being shy? Mine may bloom in the next couple of weeks, but the Tulip Festival is already happening. Here's some info from the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival headquarters. Note the bit about what to do while you wait patiently for the tulips to bloom. Apparently I'm not the only one with shy tulips. As least they are going to show up. I'll add a photo from my yard tomorrow to this article to illustrate my point. I forgot to go back out and take a shot or two when I noticed that they were really getting serious about showing up this year.

http://www.tulipfestival.org/

Editor of AGNADL

No comments:

Post a Comment