Friday, May 22, 2009

Bunch of Belfast Babies Born

Wowser. Not as many as eight, but six babies are three times the number of hands I have, so I hope they have lots of hands on deck to help them out. Bless you, Belfast babies!

For more information of the delivery of the sextuplets, click on the link below:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8063956.stm

An Old Cradle Song
Sleep, my babe, lie still and slumber,
All through the night
Guardian angels God will lend thee,
All through the night
Soft and drowsy hours are creeping,
Hill and vale in slumber sleeping,
Mother dear her watch is keeping,
All through the night
God is here, you'll not be lonely,
All through the night
'Tis not I who guards thee only,
All through the night
Night's dark shades will soon be over,
Still my watchful care shall hover,
God with me His watch is keeping,
All through the night.

The above cradle song and other Irish prayers and blessings can be found at the link below:
http://islandireland.com/Pages/folk/sets/bless.html

Editor of AGNADL

No comments:

Post a Comment