Saturday, May 9, 2009

Reaching Out a Helping Hand

Once again Nicole Brodeur, Seattle Times writer, has a struck a responsive chord in an article that posted yesterday. She talked about all the needy families and individuals being helped during difficult times by the local area food banks. She also reminded her readers that the "Stamp Out Hunger" food drive is happening today in King County. They are doing a food drive here in Kitsap County as well. The postal deliverer left a plastic grocery type bag in my mailbox yesterday. I put in my nonperishable items for them to pick up again today as they go around delivering the mail. I even got out early this morning and strolled down to the mailbox to make sure I got it ready in time.

Even if you don't have a food drive event like that going on in your neighbor this week, I hope you'll use this blog as a reminder to share what you can spare for those in need. If we all do a little, a lot of people are benefited.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nicolebrodeur/2009194119_brodeur08m.html

Editor of AGNADL

No comments:

Post a Comment