Monday, April 6, 2009

Record Numbers of Rescuers in Italy Earthquake Efforts

Here at All Good News All Day Long, I endeavor to focus on good news. Even though there are a lot of news situations that are not likely to become topics for this publication, it isn't because I am unaware of them or choose to turn a blind eye to suffering. Every day I sift through hundreds of articles and headlines on multiple news sites online, so I am probably more aware than your average news reader of what is transpiring internationally.

While there is no way truly to put a positive spin on a major earthquake that has caused massive destruction and taken dozens of lives, I have trained my eyes to look for the upside in challenging situations, the glimmers of hope, if you will. As I read this morning more about the destruction left behind by the recent earthquake in Italy, I did notice a mention of record-breaking numbers of rescue workers who have shown up to help search through the rubble of the medieval city of L'Aquila. Even in our most difficult moments, there are always, always so many kind-hearted people reaching out a hand to help a fellow human being. If that isn't good news, then I don't know what good news is. Also good to hear is that the Italian government is apparently well-equipped and financially able to deal with this situation.

Editor of AGNADL

No comments:

Post a Comment